Measures in place to guarantee safety and health management throughout the organization
Safety and Health Management SystemOCI Safety & Environment Management Policy
OCI Occupational Safety and Health Management(SH&E) Policy
- · Full Text
- Occupational safety is a core element that supports the wellness and growth of the company, and the company will fulfill all social responsibility related to occupational safety based on the belief that it is the source of every member’s happy life, respecting and considering colleagues and neighbors. All OCI employees shall observe the following occupational safety principles to take the initiative in establishing a zero-accident, zero-pollution work environment, and also implement safety technology advancements and continuous energy reduction.
- · Occupational Safety Principles (3P)
- + Priority : The highest priority will be placed on occupational safety, and everyone will endeavor to prevent disasters with proactive management.
+ Positive : Field-oriented occupational safety will be implemented with a positive and proactive attitude.
+ Partnership : Gain trust from society and communicate with stakeholders to maintain true partnerships.
OCI established the safety and health management system and has reinforced management competencies for safety and health company-wide through training on safety and health by each site. Systematic plans are devised for ‘safety culture improvement’ and the effectiveness of related programs has been identified.
Emergency Response System
Training to Reinforce the Mindset of Safety and Health
Safety and health training is carried out for employees and suppliers. Along with the training conducted internally pursuant to the Industrial Safety and Health Act, courses that are commissioned to outsourced companies are offered : management of process safety for the safety part, and industrial safety and health on the health management part. We continue to practice serious disaster prevention and hazard prediction training, hands-on training industrial disasters to supervisors.
- Training Activities
- Group safety & health training
- Department safety & health training
- Safety training for suppliers
- Special safety & health training
- Process safety training & etc
- Training Contents
- Training suited to each site
- Hazard and Operability Analysis (HAZOP)
- Case Study of accidents at other business sites
- Study for safe work manuals and procedures
- Training for on-site emergency responsiveness
- Working environment and Health
Reinforcing Safety Management
- Launch of the Committee on Technical Safety
The Committee on Technical Safety review has been launched, consisting of EHS, production and maintenance specialists in each sector when abnormalities occur in the middle of plant operation.
- Strengthening Safety Management During Overseas Business Trips
We establish an emergency response system to prevent and respond to accidents during overseas business trips. We also use safety cards for employees on business trips abroad which include sentences requesting help in languages of major destinations for business trips, phone numbers of ambulances there, and a network of emergency contacts of employees in overseas representative offices.
- SH&E Leaders Workshop
The SH&E Leaders Workshop is periodically organized, being attended by managers of SH&E and the person in charge related departments in order to strengthen communication on the safty & environment. We discuss major issues on SH&E and work performance and plans for each site. Efforts are made to continuously improve SH&E operations by sharing cases.
Spreading the Culture of Safety
- CEO’s Letter on Safety
The CEO has sent a letter on safety to all employees since 2016. Under the slogan, ‘Safety brings happiness!’, the CEO raises the sense of safety among employees and encourages them to work harder for OCI to become a company that is engaged in activities to prevent safety accidents.
- Execution of SH&E Excellence Award
We motivate all executives and employees for safe environment management by rewarding departments that have contributed to the sound safety culture of our company once a year.
- Implementing the Immediate Incentives in SH&E
Employees that discover and improve on risks on SH&E are recommended on business sites and awarded with immediate incentives, raising the awareness of accident prevention among employees. The immediate incentive scheme induces employees to be engaged in preventive activities for safety with prompter and greater incentives than the existing schemes.